Hide & Seek with Red Venom

We lived in a Textile mill staff accommodation in early 90's, this quaters was located in backside of the textile warehouse and just before the railway track. This living quaters was built during 1930's, close to 20+acre property with only 12 houses located - each house was built with 1500 / 2000 sqft. All building wastes are placed in one end of the property, kids had huge space for them to play all their sports, you can see birds of a feather flock together, elders used to go for a walking at one end with 15-20 neem  trees waving throughout - exact dream location for any 80's / 90's kids to live through their life. This place is very close to nature with forest like environment and reptiles visit too often to play with you.

My school going experience was also as exiting as my stay in that staff quaters, school bus arrive at 7.15 and i need to be there in the pick point before 5 minutes but i always be there at the nth minute to stop my school bus, sometimes my dad used to chase with bicycle and help me board the bus. 

Day before my half-yearly exam, i was getting ready for school and as usual, i was late. My grand mother & Mom were going crazy as i was late for the school, my dad was already left to office and i have to go on my own to the pick-up point along with my friends. I was about to leave the house, took all my belongings, worn my shoe and started from house. After 200 meters walk i smell a rat, felt some discomfort inside my shoe, i stamped twice and started walking. At one point it was paining like bolt from the blue, started kicking my boots, rolling on the street and screaming as it was paining like a hell. Every one gathered around, some know persons on that street made me sat on a chair, understood what happened and slowly removed my shoe to check if anything inside but to everyone surprise nothing found inside the shoe. Most of them started talking that i am crying wolf and i cried crocodile tears to bunk my school, mean time my parents arrived to the spot by hearing the incident. When tried knocking my socks off, they found this Eight legs, curve over the back segmented tail with venomous stinger - A 8-9mm "RED SCORPION" was under my foot hanging on my socks. Still alive and getting ready to hit the next stoke. 

It was found half dead as i stamped already and the job completed by others, put it on a white polythene cover and they gave it to my parents to show it the doctor. My dad was driving like cats & dogs on the road to the nearby hospital, by looking at the venom doctor gave me first aid and I was asked to take to the hospital inside the city in next 15 min. Exact 15th minute I was inside the emergency ward, treatment has started, too much of puking, x-rays, doctors running around and the last scene I remember was – I was in my dad hands and he is running to the Xray room then I woke up 2 days after the incident. Yes you are right – I was unconscious for 2 days and I got to know that doctors had given me 24 hours timeline and no assurance that I will open my eyes again. I was hospitalized for 21 days and treatment went on for 8 months - It is my 2nd life what I am living now :) 

From then till now i always check my shoes before wearing it and even after 20 years know surroundings will introduce to others quoting this incident. 

Kind advice to my surroundings to check your kid shoes before they wear it

 

LESSON LEARNT with such a painful EXPERIENCE not only to me but also to my environs.


PN: Hilarious hospital experiences to be continued in next blog

Comments